Which condtruction works should be performed by the customer for monoblock plant installation
- The amount of construction work depends on the type of plant used. Monoblock plants can be installed in one or two concrete wells, and also without the use of reinforced concrete wells (BIOTAL plants of increased strength). All construction work must be carried out in strict accordance with the working design of the plant. Dimensions of the wells, their mutual placement, operating holes in the walls of the wells must correspond to the drawings of the working draft. It is necessary to pay attention to the quality of the waterproofing of the wells. When placing the blowers and the control unit in a separate room, it is necessary to provide cases or a duct for the air ducts from the blower room to the BIOTAL plant. When supplying sewage to the plant, it is necessary to provide a well for the submersible pump. When supplying treated wastewater to watering of green plantations, it is necessary to provide a storage well.
What else needs to be prepared for the installation and commissiomimg of the BIOTAL monoblock plant?
- For plant installation, except as provided above, you must prepare a dry mixture of sand and cement – about 1.5-2 m3 of sand, and about 200-300 kg of cement. For commissioning also is needed to prepare water in an amount of about 75% of plant capacity, as during commissioning plant is filled with clean water.
What is the difference between your boxes-recuperators and the proposed placement of compressors inside the plant, as many competitors do?
- Location of electrical equipment inside the wastewater treatment plant is at first, unsafe, and secondly, can significantly reduce its lifespan, because in conditions of high humidity, compressors and automation are exposed for negative impact of condensate, which contradicts the operating rules of this equipment.
A box-recuperator that we use is placed not in the plant, but over it, so that moisture from the space of WTP does not get into it, and the equipment is protected from condensation, which can significantly extend its lifespan.
Moreover, the compressor, placed inside the plant delivers to the plant already exhaust air, where the lack of oxygen is, needed for biological process. Box-recuperator absorbs fresh air from the street that can effectively saturate the purified waste water with oxygen.
Another disadvantage of the location of compressors and automation inside the plant is that in winter, cold air is fed into the plant compressor which reduces the biological activity of activated sludge microorganisms.
By using of our boxes-recuperators, appeared the ability to use waste water heat for heating the air. According to tests, the temperature of the air injected into the plant by compressors from the boxes-recuperators, is at least 10 degrees above ambient temperature.
That is why the use of boxes-recuperators in conditions of significant removal of the plant from the nearest object of channelizing or utility room can help solve the issue of compressors placement for monoblock plants.
Does the BIOTAL plant cleans up to the quality of drinking water?
- There are methods of wastewater treatment to drinking water quality, and their innumerable, but they are used only in laboratories and for maintenance of space stations and submarines. When we speak about the use of equipment for wastewater treatment in everyday life, it is impractical to install equipment for wastewater treatment to drinking water. First, it is not profitable, and it is forbidden by sanitary standards: one liter of purified water in this way will cost more than a liter of bottled and secondly, you need to take into consideration the psychological factor. Therefore, the best option today is to purify the waste water up to the quality of technical, with the re-use it for technical purposes. In this way we save drinking water consumption.
Do I need to buy a grease separator?
- Yes, if your object of disposal is a cafe, restaurant, sanatorium, etc. Drains from the kitchen subject to prior purification, for this before mixing with other household waste water grease separators must be installed.
Among BIOTAL plants there are plants with a block for dehydration of surplus active sludge. How often should I extract sludge from such plants?
- Surplus activated sludge from BIOTAL plants with a block of dehydration should be withdrawn from the dehydration block not frequently than once in three months if it is a plant for a private house. Plants operating with overloaded with organic sewage from cafes, office buildings, petrol stations, etc. require more frequent recesses of sludge. Reduce the frequency of sludge seizure allows the presence in the plant a block of aerobic stabilization of excess activated sludge before feeding it to the dehydration (you should look for it when choosing the type of plant).
When should monoblock plants be installed in reinforced concrete wells?
- Monoblock plants should be installed in reinforced concrete wells in the following cases: 1. At a high level of groundwater. In heavy rains, the level of groundwater can rise and tear the unit out of the ground (due to the strength of Archimedes), destroying it, or deform the walls of the plant, reducing its volume. The cost of plant is incomparably higher than the cost of a reinforced concrete well building. 2.When installing the plant on the roadway.
Why do not you install compressors and automation in the plant itself, and mount them in the utility room or in the basement of the building? It increases the cost, as it is necessary to lay pipes and cables at a distance of 20-25 meters from the building.
- The technology BIOTAL allows you to assemble compressors and automation inside the plant or near it, but we are not doing it for several reasons:
1. Compressors in a dry basement or in another utility room where the temperature is above 0 and low humidity work several times longer than the compressors installed in the plant, as the compressors membrane is afraid of change in temperature during the winter, and valves and other elements are afraid of condensation, all of these negative factors affect the compressors located inside the plant.
2. The compressor located in the plant, draws air from the street, at the same time compressing and heating it, although it is not able to heat the air in winter to the temperature required for the normal passage of the process of biological treatment (+12 C). If the compressor is installed in a basement or other utility room where the temperature is above 0C – it reheats in compressed way air which is supplied to the plant up to +30 C. This heat loss is compensated in the plant during the winter.
3. Compressor, installed in a basement or other utility room, with air supply for the plant provides ventilation of the area where it is located.
4. If automatics and compressors are located in the building, then there is no need to go out to control and regulate the plant. Costs related with the laying of 4 x 20mm diameter air ducts and a single cable during automatics and compressors assembling in the building is not significant (cost of materials is around $ 50), and it is still necessary to arrange a trench between the building and the plant for the discharge of wastewater, into the same trench in a protective casing ducts and cables are laid.
Some companies refuse to use level sensors on small plants, since they have problems. You continue to apply them.
- Without the level sensors it is impossible to organize the automatic power control of the plant according to the amount of incoming wastewater. Without this:
– excess electricity is wasted during the absence or the small amount of incoming wastewater;
– compressors and solenoid valves are worn out;
– activated sludge is mineralized, with prolonged absence of receipt of waste water, which leads to the cessation of biological treatment, and for the restoration of the biological process must be at least 1-2 weeks. In order to avoid problems with level sensors, it is necessary to apply quality float sensors (in BIOTAL plants float sensors Grundfos (Germany) are used), and stainless steel electrode sensors with self-cleaning system. Therefore, the problem with the sensors practically do not occur;
– but if any of the sensors fails, the plant work automatically switches to the timing diagrams of the normal mode, alarm triggers, but purification process is not violated.